Monday, June 17, 2013

Handicrafts

A month or so ago I picked up another quilt from the quilters.  This is probably my favorite yet.  It's from a book -- Simplify by Camille Roskelley.  (Of course, as I spent all this time sewing, I thought, "Is this really simplifying my life?  No, but I enjoyed it!)  I started it a couple of years ago but ended up unpicking several blocks because I didn't like the color combinations.  That's not what I usually do -- usually I'm too impatient and keep on sewing the quilt.  But I'm glad I did, because I definitely like it now.




And here's Eric's quilt for his birthday.  He chose the military fabric.   It's a little busy for me, but he says he likes it.


I just wanted to share this little project I did this past week.  I got the idea from the book Young House Love.  It's some simple stitching on cardstock.  I have these three frames in my entry and thought it'd be fun to do a patriotic theme.  It was very easy and fairly quick.  And free since I had all the stuff.  I think I may do this for every holiday!  Such an easy holiday decor idea - and it hardly takes any room to store the papers afterward.  They look so much better in person, though.  You'll have to come visit to see them.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment