Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Table Runner and More

A couple of years ago I made a pillow using reverse applique.  I used some inexpensive, not very cute fabric.  So last month when I saw all my little scraps from the Priory Square Quilt, I decided to remake the pillow -- I used the felt background shape, picked out the red fabric, and replaced it with this fabric slab that I made.  



The pillow inspired me to then make some hot pads with some other scraps.  My intention was to give these to a neighbor, but then I felt too shy, so they're still sitting in my basement.  :)


I love the color green, and recently finished a blue and green quilt top.  So with some of those scraps I made this table runner.     

I practiced (slowly) quilting some loops on this table runner.  I worked on keeping the stitches even and the curves smooth.
I backed the runner with an orange fabric -- I thought maybe if the green check seems to St. Patrick's Day-ish, I can flip it over.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these. If I were your neighbor, I'd say, bring that hot pad on over (: Super cute!

    ReplyDelete