Monday, August 1, 2016

Q3 Finish - Polish Pottery Quilt

Another finish!  This is my Polish Pottery Quilt.   


And this is my Polish Pottery.  


Last year I won a fat quarter bundle of fabric from Lady Belle Fabric.  "Bluebird" by Cotton + Steele.  Lucky me!  All those blues made me think of my Polish Pottery.  I have a collection of these dishes from Poland.  My sister lived in Prague, where she and her friends would make "Pottery Runs" to Poland.  When she came back to the US, she would bring each of us a piece of pottery.  So nice!  We have a big family so that is pretty generous.  We use the pottery frequently for dinner.  And I love how it looks on the open shelves in my kitchen.

Anyway, I found this pattern by Jeni Baker in the Scraps, Inc. Volume One book.  I used most of the dark/medium prints.  I still have several low-volume prints from the bundle.  This quilt is interesting because when I look at it closely, I wonder if I should not have used some of the fabrics -- like the purplish one, and the bright blue.  But from a distance I think the bright blue gives a little vibrancy to the quilt.  Anyway, I really like it "from a distance."  (Does anyone else have a Bette Midler song go through their head now?)


I quilted this with straight lines and I love how simple the back looks.


I am linking up to the 2016 Finish-A-Long at A Quilter's Table.

I am linking up at My Quilt Infatuation's 

8 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw your picture on NTT, I knew this was the Jeni Baker design from Scraps Inc., Vol. 1! I'm crazy about the Bluebird collection from C&S, and this was a fabulous way to use it. I don't think it would have occurred to me to use a mostly monochromatic palette for this design, but it's gorgeous. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wouldn't have thought about doing it all blue either if I hadn't been thinking about the polish pottery. I am glad it worked out. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! All those blues are so serene. I really like the straight line quilting, too. Good choice, and good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My last couple quilts were quilted with straight lines...I am liking that style. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Your pottery is beautiful...no wonder the quilt is stunning . Such a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely quilt. The broader variation in the colours makes it sparkle. I love your pottery too. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete