This is #6 on my 4th quarter finish-a-long goals. I have a cousin who I don't see very often, but I have thought of her many times in the past few months. She has been going through some tough times. So when my sister, Karen, suggested that I make a quilt for her. She even offered to help pay for the materials. So I thought that was a fine idea. And here it is, a quilt for my cousin:
I got the idea for this quilt when I saw this V and Co. one. (I almost don't want you to click over there, because the original is much cuter! ;)) I already had all the solids for this quilt on hand, so all I had to purchase was the backing and more white fabric.
I have been quilting many of my own quilts lately, but with Christmas fast approaching, I decided to send it out to be done. I asked the quilter to do it with zig-zag lines following the diagonals of the blocks, similar to the original quilt.
The backing is some white and gray herringbone fabric. I didn't have to piece the backing this time, so that helped me get it finished too. I hope to mail this to my dear cousin soon. I hope she will love it. And more importantly, I hope she will know how much we love her!
I am linking up at Crazy Mom Quilt's Finish it Up Friday.
I am linking up to the 2016 Finish-A-Long Q4 party at A Quilter's Table.



I actually like your colors better. Great job making a cozy, cool pallette! I'm sure she will love it
ReplyDeleteThank you! I hope she does love it. :)
DeleteI love it! It turned out beautiful! It will be a wonderful gift.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am mailing it today...Hope she likes it! :)
DeleteI like it a lot. Comes across as both playful and soothing...
ReplyDeleteThank you! I had a couple quilts I was thinking about making. The other was much quieter, but I decided to go for 'happy'. It is nice to hear it is soothing too. :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt and looks cheery.
ReplyDeleteI love this quilt, what a great gift and good for you to finish it. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.
ReplyDelete