Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Airplane Quilt

Another finish from my FAL goals!  This is another quilt I will donate.  I used a pattern called Breezy by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew.  Her book, "Growing up Modern", has a lot of great patterns and I wish this quilt did it justice.  I've decided this fabric is just too bold and busy for this pattern.  Sometimes I don't recognize a mistake until it's already made!  (Little life lesson for myself. :)) 


The fabric is cute, with motifs of airplanes.  I had plenty of fabric, so I used some for the back.  


I quilted it using a meandering loop pattern. As I quilted, I imagined I was "flying" the airplane around in loops.  :) 


This finish is on my FAL Goals for this quarter.
I am linking up to the Finish-a-long Link Up party at She Can Quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Curte quilt and I love the idea of loopy flying in the quilting. I can just imagine you executing barrel rolls and the such! On behalf of the entire FAL crew, thanks for participating in FAL this year.

    ReplyDelete