In November some of my family came and helped us with a couple of big projects. My brothers and Dad did some great work! And their families were so supportive and helpful too. Thank you! I've been waiting to post before/after pictures until I finished painting one of the rooms. :
First project, our storage room. What was once a big, cement room with cheap plastic shelves and a lot of stuff on the floor...
is now an organized food storage room with lots of shelves to fill!
Next, I wanted to make a play room under the stairs. So, this mess is what we started with -- an unfished closet full of piles of stuff.
What we now have is a cute little play room, complete with a window in the wall. I finally finished the painting (6 hours of work which took me 6 weeks to accomplish.) Andrew had requested red paint...well it's a very small room and red seemed too dark. So we compromised on light orange. Not my first choice, but still fun for a playroom.
When we put the kitchen in the room Andrew was very excited. He said "Now we just need a couch in here!"
Thank you to our wonderful family! You're the best!
that looks great!! good job everyone! I want a playroom under my stairs (:
ReplyDeleteIt looks FABULOUS!! I'm so excited for you to have all that done!
ReplyDeleteI grew up with a playroom under the stairs and loved it for many years. Sari inherited it after I was too "mature" to play under there.
ReplyDeleteit's like Harry Potter's old bedroom but so much better:) superfun for the kiddies, i am jeolous! very well done.
ReplyDelete